Frequently Asked Questions
The scholarship can be used for tuition and fees during your freshman year of college only. It cannot be used for books, housing, living expenses, etc. If you have scholarship that are unrestricted (which can be applied to anything) we will assume those are paying for housing and other expenses when determining your eligibility.
The Scholarship Committee is looking for applicants who can balance good grades with involvement in their school and community, as well as demonstrate leadership in the activities they are involved in. If you volunteered for a day somewhere, you don’t need to write that down – tell us what you are committed to instead. Please keep your resume to 1 page and include the following information:
- Extracurricular school activities - member, officer, or leader in school activity, club or sport.
- Extracurricular non-school activities – member, officer, or leader in professional organizations such as philanthropic groups, religious groups, or community service.
- Indicate an estimate of the number of volunteer/service hours you have provided in any of the above listed organizations.
- Honors, awards, and achievements received during your high school career for school and community service.
- Employment, internships, and summer activities with specific role or job title and relevant dates.